Learn how to grow edible mushrooms, and take your very own pet log home!
• week of April 7th in Thornbury (oyster only)
• April 17th at Pretty River Inn (shiitake only)
• April 29th in Ravenna (shiitake only)
• April 18th, 23rd-24th, 30th-May 1st in Meaford (shiitake and oyster)
Let us know when you would like to join in and we’ll follow-up with details.
Ivan has been growing this exciting shade-grown gourmet food for the past 4 years. In this free workbee, learn about:
• sustainable woodlot management
• suitable wood and mushroom species
• the 4 inoculation ‘professions’: dentist, nurse, healer, logger
• the life cycle of a mushroom log
• care for your mushroom log
Reply to reserve your spot, to make sure we have enough snacks, and to reschedule if unsuitable weather. We will also respond with possible carpooling possibilities.
Last call for Persian walnuts for spring planting! They are 2-3′ high bare-root dormant saplings with a generous 1-2′ taproot. $12-$20 depending on size and quantity.
Have a happy spring and see you soon!